When Jesus visited the Nephites he prayed to His
Father, “I pray unto thee for them, and also for all those who shall believe on
their words, that they may believe in me, that I may be in them as thou,
Father, art in me, that we may be one.” (3 Nephi 19:23)
Jesus Christ wants us to be one with Him, just like He was one with His father.

We will be separating into three groups during our Stake Relief Society Conference. There will be a group for those sisters with small children, a group for those with teenagers, and an adult group that all will want to attend but may choose one of the other groups instead:)
ReplyDeleteThis blog was made so we could share our ideas on this subject. Feel free to share other idea and questions regarding the Come Follow Me - For Individuals and Families curriculum. How is it going in your family? What is working? What is not working? What are some of your concerns? What are some of your success stories?
I have been asked what the breakout class will be for the 2nd year Laurels that are invited as they are concerned the options available are not applicable to them.
DeleteI think the 2nd year Laurels would be a great asset to the teenage class. How to help teenagers increase their connection with Jesus Christ. As the adults discuss this question, the YW can help them understand how teenagers think. What will help them become more like their Savior. What has help them so far, and what more can be done.
DeleteIf the YW would rather have a class just for them, I can arrange a class for them.
I really like the way the lessons are set up, with a place right at the beginning for me to record my thoughts when I've completed the reading assignment. My husband and I have a long drive to church, so we have begun reading the lesson and discussing it on our drive to and from church the Sunday before the lesson will be given at church. This gives me a lot of time to read and reread the New TEstament chapters, to consider the comments in the manual and to write my own comments along the margins. I have seen things in the first few chapters of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John that I had never seen before.
DeleteIs this conference for 8 and up?
ReplyDeleteI think this is RS sisters only. It is not the general women's meeting that happens at Conference time. Jacki?
DeleteThe 2nd year Laurels and the Relief Society sisters are invited to the Colville Stake Relief Society Conference.
DeleteWe had our 4 yo call his primary teacher today because he tells us he can't remember what he learned. I think he does remember but sometimes focuses on the fun stuff or a treat but once he gets going he does remember 'details' maybe he just doesn't remember when/where he learns something.
ReplyDeleteOverall, it's going ok. Not really sure how to engage a 18 mo old and 4 yo or keep them from hitting each other. Also don't know how formal to make our family study...or if it works better to have it right after lunch when we get home, or after the nap of our 18 mo old. And not sure what discussion aspects to spread out during the week or how long to make the 'lesson' on Sunday. Many of the suggested ideas to come back to throughout the week just seem beyond the age of our kids. Wonder if by communicating with primary teacher for what they taught and what they didn't teach if some of the suggestions in the primary come follow me manual might be more age appropriate...they just aren't follow up all week long kind of things... and how to balance the previous week topics with the upcoming week topics...still feeling like I'm floundering a bit.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHi Heather. Your questions and concerns are really valid. 18 months and 4 y/o are fun ages. I think one of the great things about the new changes is the flexibility so I'd encourage you to not worry about any "rules". If you do an activity or discussion from the Primary manual and it is a duplication from class, that's okay! Our family has decided to just get started and go with it. Each week has been very different so far. I keep reminding myself, "The goal is conversion." How we get there will vary widely within each week and also within families. Kudos to you for diving in. The Stake Women's conference group for families with small children will be a good place to get more answers.
ReplyDeleteI'd like to know if anyone can share some ideas for studying the Book of Mormon while making the most of our New Testament study. Before Jan, we were using the home seminary manual for The Book of Mormon. Now, we are reading some select cross references but not to the same depth. I still want to claim the promised blessings for reading the Book of Mormon as a family.
ReplyDeleteHeather, I loved having your son call me, he and any other kids in my class can call me anytime!! I think it is a great idea to have your child call their teacher for a refresher of what they learned. Even adults sometimes need a reminder of what they learned. The doctrines can be difficult for the little ones to grasp. I try to find games for the kids to play that help them with that. There are lots of helps on the primary page on LDS.org under the teacher helps section. They are listed by topic. Last Sunday I selected the topic of Jesus Christ and found some games about feeling warmer when we are close to Jesus. There are also coloring pages, crafts, and stories.
ReplyDeleteJenny, I agree with you completely. We don't want to give up our study of the Book of Mormon but also love the Come Follow Me program. My husband and I and our teen age son (all we have left at home) study the Book of Mormon on our own. When we come together in the evening, we start out by sharing something from our personal study. Then we move in to the Come Follow Me outline. It often ties together and we've had a good experience doing it this way. I could see this plan working as we go into the empty nest phase.
ReplyDeleteI love what you're doing. Thank you for sharing, Jane. Do each of you decide on your own, your individual Book of Mormon study or do you decide together?
ReplyDelete